Wednesday, November 9, 2011

M's Birthday Party Series: Theme

I have always wanted to a Pirate Themed birthday party. But hubby was not totally sold on to the idea because with the skulls and crossbones and the dark color scheme, it is not exactly a child-friendly theme. But I bargained that if I'm able to find a way to make it look lively, he should allow me to do a pirate themed party. 

First, I asked my brother to make me a pirate character based on Pocoyo. Why Pocoyo? Cause that's one of the very few cartoon characters M is familiar with. You see he rarely gets to watch tv. The only time he got a lot of tv time was when he hospitalized for a week last September for pneumonia. Yes, 2nd hospitalization for year 2011. Unlike when he was 3 months old, this time it was a lot harder to make him stay still. His IV was re-inserted so many times that I lost count. The only thing that can make him stay put was watching cartoons and Pocoyo was one of his favorites. Even now when you show him a picture of Pocoyo he suddenly gets excited. 

This was of our initial peg:

 
I asked my brother to make him look like a pirate and then change the candles from 100 to 1. He gave me this initial sketch for approval:


After I ok'd on the image, he started putting color into the image. It took some revisions before hubby and I both agreed to these two final images:
My brother got what I wanted



This one I used on my cupcake toppers




Cute eh? The kids' yayas (nannies) said the character looks a lot like M. What do you think?




2 comments:

  1. This is just so cute! I love Pocoyo too, even if I'm too old to watch the show. Btw, your brother is a really good artist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sumi! For some reason, a lot of adults are enamored with Pocoyo. You're not that first one. Re my brother...well he should be! He's from UP Fine Arts. He'll put the school in shame if he is not :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails