Sunday, November 6, 2011

Recipe: Mackarel Pesto Pasta

Sharing you my I'm-not-in-the-mood-to-cook recipe. At Php 150, this is good for 4-5 pax depending on your appetite


Mackarel Pesto Pasta

a can of mackarel (i usually buy Master or Ligo), remove brine/water and the bones of the fish - around Php 30 per can
Ideal Penne Pasta - around Php 50 per pack
half a pack of McCormick Pesto powder - around Php 30
3 pcs of tomatoes
a whole garlic chopped
a cup of olive oil (once when i ran out of olive oil, i used the regular vegetable oil i used for frying. i turned out ok)
a third to half a stick of butter
cheese cheese
small can of mushrooms (optional)
salt
pepper

1) cook you penne. make sure not to overcook it cause you will have to cook this again with the sauce
2) in a pan, put in you oil, garlic, tomatoes and pesto powder. For the pesto powder, I usually put a 3rd of a pack. You can always add more if you want. Make sure your heat is in the lowest setting. You will be cooking these slowly. Add your butter, mackarel and mushroom. Add salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
3) once your tomatoes are cooked, add your cheese.
4) Add in your pasta once the cheese has partially melted. You may add oil if you find it a bit dry.
5) Mix well. Served with bread sticks

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, pasta dishes are my favorite. I'll try this one over the weekend. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rose: let me know how it goes. i hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love pesto dishes! Will try this sis. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my hubby loves pesto too thats why I try to have 1 pesto dish in my menu every other week. let me know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails